Sorry we haven't posted all week. Things have been a little crazy around here...Anyway, we have many blogs to catch up on, and hope to do so sometime this weekend...In the meantime, I thought I'd give everyone a little update on Moki...
The congestion in Moki's chest is back...unfortunately it sounds much worse than before. It is now interfering with Moki's ability to eat. He can only eat a few small bites of wet food, before he starts coughing and sneezing. For some reason he tends to do a little better on a dry food diet, (he coughs much less after eating this...) A few times this week, he has gotten food caught in his throat, and has shot it back up as a result of the coughing...
His heart rate speeds up greatly when the coughing begins and he starts breathing very heavy. At least once this week, Moki scared me bad enough that I almost took him to the ER. (After reasoning things through, I ended up waiting it out, the coughing and other symptoms lasted approximately 30 mins. I reasoned however that their was much the ER doctors could do give Moki's current condition...)
After giving it some though I called Moki's regular doctor yesterday and spoke to him about things. Personally I feel that the thoracic inlet problem, is only part of what is causing the congestion and coughing. After discussing things with Moki's doctor, we decided to put Moki back on Tamiflu. Unfortunately this choice is not without costs. The prescription has to be compounded, and the compounding pharmacy informed us, that the prescription will come to a total of $70.00. This is for a 15 day supple...(Yikes!)
In addition to the Tamiflu, Moki will continue to take the Clindamycin for his UTI problem, which while not quite cleared up is beginning to show signs of improvement...We did a swab on Moki today as well. After talking to Moki regular doctor, there are a few things I want to rule out as being contributing facts. The swab will test for various URI causes. We should have the results back in about four or five days (it is going to take a little longer due to the holiday this weekend.)
Hopefully between the Tamiflu, Clindamycin and swab test, we can start to get things back under control. We'll have to wait and see...
----------------------In other news------------------------
Our "Autographed Book Raffle," will be ending tomorrow at midnight (pacific time,) so if you haven't yet bought a ticket and wish to do so, now would be the time!
Also we are currently working on updating the appearance of Moki's blog. Please let us know what you think of the changes. (We are having a few problems uploading our new header, but have read that others are having similar problems with Blogspot as well so we hope it is only a temporary glitch...)
And on a final note. Due to Moki's congestion, we canceled his physical therapy appointment this week. I felt that with the severity of the coughing, emerging him in water this week, would not be the right thing to do...Moki will return to his "swimming lessons," just as soon as we get his cough/congestion under better control.