Momma bean only caught a little sample, but as you can see it looks a million times better! We still have no medical explanation as to the cause of the blood in Moki's urine, nor do we have a medical explanation as to why it has started to clear up all of a sudden. The only possible explanation I can give you, is that god was listening to all of the purrs and prayers being sent. He heard the CB's out pouring of support and intervened to save our little guy.
Moki's temperature is still fluctuating a little bit, but I think, with the blood clearing up, we should see an improvement and a more normal/steady temperature in the next couple of days. We'll just have to wait and see. In the mean time, we will count each blessing, as it occurs.
Because the blood is clearing up, we are going to cancel our appointment on Wednesday with the ER vet, which was made so that further testing could be done in hopes of getting to the root of the problem and to prescribe medication based on the test results. The reality with Moki is simply that, every test we have ever done has come back negative, and the chances are pretty good, that further testing will yield no answers. The truth of the matter is that Moki is a medical oddity and we may never find the medical answers we seek.
We do think that it is important to document the medical change, and to continue to monitor his temperature, as well as his hopeful continued recovery, so we will be calling our regular vet today to discuss Moki's break through and get his advice on if there is anything else he thinks we should do. We'll be sure to keep you updated. We also selected a winner to our "Fleece Blanket Raffle," put are having a hard time getting Blogger to load the video, so hopefully we will have that up for your a little later tonight!
Thanks again to everyone who has shown/lent their support through out all of this! We simply can't say thank you often enough!!!
Moki's temp has dropped below 98 degrees. As of 6:18 tonight, his temp is reading at 97.6. Technically we should be taking Moki to the ER, but since it is so cold outside, and he does not appear to be in shock, he's still alert, breathing normal, his gums are their normal color and so forth, we are going to give it an hour to see if we can raise his temp. If we can't get his temp back up to 98 degrees or above in the next hour, then we will rush him to the ER.
It's 8:18 and we have gotten Moki's temp back up and out of the danger zone. His temp is now 98.7. YAH!