Yesterdays vet appointment yielded some good news. The first is that Moki's temperature is remaining within the normal range and the second bit of good news is that Moki is continuing to gain back the weight he lost. As of yesterday Moki weighed in at approximately 5.5 pounds. Go Moki!
Now for the bad news, as you can see from the picture above, the blood has returned in Moki's urine and it is quickly approaching the stage which caused his temperature drop and him to loss weight in Nov and Dec. In hopes of treating Moki's urinary problem, we gave him another shot yesterday and have started him on a two week course of Penicillin. We did discuss the possibility of putting Moki back on the Clindamycin, but decided to go with the Penicillin instead because it is easier on his kidneys and liver.
In two to three weeks we will have to take Moki back to the vet for a recheck at which point we will either continue with the Penicillin if it is working or switch Moki's meds to some thing else. We will also be monitoring his weight and body temperature to make sure that there are no further changes in either of them.
In the meantime we ask that everyone please continue to purr and pray for Moki to get through this ordeal. He has been such a little trooper through it all. Thanks everyone!