Ok well, the verdict is in and neither Moki or I care for the new vet who has taken over Moki's old vet's practice. He did not want to listen to what momma bean had to say, could care less about Moki's latest symptoms and was more concerned about Moki's muscle tightness, which we already know is a result of Moki's orthopedic and neurological problems. The vet instead of being honest and saying well I really don't know what to tell you (which, would have been fine with us, it's not like we haven't heard it before...) instead tried to pull off the old bait and switch. He redirected the appointment to make it more about kinesiology, and less about what we where there to seek answers/advice for. Further he tried to push a number of tests off on us, which Moki didn't need, including another urinalysis, even after I explained that we already knew what was causing the blood which used to be in Moki's urine. In addition, he was VERY rough with Moki, grabbing him by the nap of his neck and caring him around (which is fine with a normal cat, but is not ok to do to a cat who has the kind of orthopedic and neurological problems Moki has.) He also tried forcing Moki to walk on the tile floor even after I told him that Moki could not, causing Moki to bang both his head and chest against the hard tile, until finally I had to step in and stop him. Ultimately though, my opinion of the doctor doesn't matter as much as Moki's, who expressed a great distrust, unlike anything I have ever seen out of Moki before. When the doctor tried to open Moki's mouth to look inside, Moki started to instantly growl at the doctor. (After everything Moki has been through, the only time he has ever growled prior to this, has been in his sleep.) When the doctor did get Moki's mouth open Moki tried his hardest to bite the doctor repeatedly, until finally I had to hold Moki's mouth open so the doctor could take a look. (The growling and biting stopped the second the doctor pulled his hand away from Moki, who was ok with my opening his mouth.)
In the end, we agreed to run a blood test since Moki hasn't had one done in awhile and thought it might be best to check his levels. (All levels, blood cell count so on and so forth...) of course however even that got screwed up with the tech who has taken Moki's blood countless times before, bringing Moki back with a big bump on his neck from where she took the blood. She did say that the bump should go down in a day or two, but still it scared me. I can only guess that the new doctor has her stressed out hence the error.
In any event, we did not get any answers to the questions we sought, but did learn that Moki's weight is within his normal range, 5 pds 4 ounces, and his temperature was a normal 100.3. Now it's just a matter of waiting for the results of the blood work to come back, which will hopefully be normal. If the blood work results do come back normal, the doctor does wants to prescribe a muscle relaxer for Moki to see if maybe it will help aid in Moki's ability to walk. (Moki's reflexes are intact, but his muscles are very tight.) Hence the new doctor thinks that if we can relax Moki's muscles he might walk better. To be honest I am not thrilled with the idea of doping Moki up with muscle relaxers to improve his walking ability, I much rather prefer that he goes to physical therapy, but I am willing to give the idea a shot for a few days to see what kind of results we get. Maybe they will be positive maybe not, I guess we will have to wait and see. In the mean time, his vet bill today came to $144.00. (As noted in the opening photograph.) I am not sure how much the medication will cost at this point, or if we will even go that route. The one thing I do know for sure though is that this doctor isn't going to work out, so we are going to have to start hunting around for a different doctor and hope and pray that we find one before Moki has any more serious episodes...
P.S. After all Moki went through today he is being spoiled rotten!
P.P.S. Thank you to everyone who made a donation and helped Moki get the care he needs. Also thank you to all of those who purred and prayed. Your support means a great deal. Momma and Daddy bean don't say it often enough, but we hope you all know how much your support means to us!
We'll have an update on Moki posted tomorrow (Thursday) afternoon after momma bean gets out of her morning classes...