Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I Found Gold Beach, Oregon...

and it wasn't located under the Christmas tree, it was located nearly nine hours away by car! Once I was roped into going there was no turning back...so whats a cat to do but sleep and sleep I did, judging by the first picture momma bean took of me sleeping in the car on the way up to Gold Beach.

We stopped a couple of times along the way and like a good boy, I only went potty at the rest stops. I had absolutely no accidents in the car!!! The below picture was taken of me at the very first rest stop while I was still a little uncertain of what was going on, so as you can see I looked a little surprised...at this point I was still assuming momma bean had some evil plan to take me to the yikes V-E-T...

After getting back in the car, I slept the rest of the way without making so much as a peep, ok maybe I purred a little along the way...
The drive was long but when we did finally arrive, both momma bean and I where surprised to see how pet friendly this small town was. Every single hotel along the strip advertised their pet friendliness right under signs making claims such as "free high speed wireless in every room." I later heard momma bean joking with her uncle about the dog bakery located in town. Her uncle had informed her that do to the economy many of the small businesses located in town had been going out of business, yet the dog bakery was the one business which consistently stayed open...
Now back to our regularly broad casted story...

Upon checking into our room, I made myself right at home. Of course there was lots of exploring of the new place to do, but first thing was first, I had to put the bitey on some of my toys...
Ahhh...how relaxing it was to finally be out of the car!
There where lots of cool places to see, but the one momma bean and I enjoyed the most, the one which both she and I think you will all enjoy the most, is a place her uncle told her about called "The North Jetty Cats Sanctuary." This place was really cool. Some cleaver people built a series of wooden cats houses to look like a small town, and placed them along the banks of the jetty to provide shelter for the feral feline colony living there. (You can read all about it by clicking on the link above.)


After a wonderful Christmas we finally headed home the evening of the 26th. The weather was kind of bad that day, so we stopped at another hotel for the evening...
By this point I was getting kind of use to hotel life...

I wasn't even afraid of the monster who lives under the bed!

Hotels apparently have no monsters under their beds, can you believe it!!!!
Here's me, the morning of the 27th. Momma bean got up early that day, but not me!

I was comfortable sleeping in my bed...It was nice and warm there...
and the pillows where so soft...
Ahhh...the life of a traveling cat...

16 comments:

Sparkle said...

What an exciting trip, and it looks like you had lots of fun! I loved looking at the Jetty Cats' houses! Maybe someday my human will take me somewhere that isn't that horrible v-e-t! I would love to sleep in a bed that looked as nice as the one you slept in!

Cliff and Olivia said...

What a great post! It must have been the most exciting trip. The cat houses are very cool, but we love the pictures of you in bed the most.

Maggie May said...

You are such a good little traveler! Looks like you had a great trip! We loved seeing the Jetty cats, how very cool is that!

Forever Foster said...

It sounds like you had a great trip, Moki!:)

Parker said...

What a cool trip!

Dma said...

i'm so proud of you moki. it looks like such a fab place and it's great you were so well behaved...

mog said...

You're such a good kitty. The first pic of you sleeping is so sweet. And the kitty village looks cool, it's a brilliant idea.

Daisy said...

What a great little traveler you are, Moki!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Now that is some trip you had, I'm glad that you did so well. Those were terrific pics and a wonderful story!!!

Charlemagne and Tamar said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip and it certainly looks like you were one pampered little boy while you were traveling!

We're glad that you had a good Christmas and a safe trip.

Charlemagne and Tamar

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Oh Moki!! What a great adventure you had! You are such a good traveler!

We think those houses for the kitties are very cute and wish more places would do this.

And we wouldn't have gotten out of that bed either. You look very warm and comfy in there...and Meowm says very cute.

Kimo and Sabi said...

We wish you a healthy and happy new year 2010!

The Florida Furkids said...

You're a really good traveler! We love those pictures of you tucked in bed and looking so comfy! We wish you a happy and healthy New Year.

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Everycat said...

Moki, I am astounded at you! Going on such a long trip and behaving like a true travelling trooper is so amazing! We're very glad you are back safe and sound and hope you continue to recover from your recent bout of poorlyness. We understand totally Crystal not wanting to leave you with anyone. Our Mum has been the same with Angel over the last month, but sadly we lost her on New Years Eve.

We wish you a happy and strong 2010 Moki!

Whicky Wuudler

Jans Funny Farm said...

Looks like you and your mom had a nice trip, Moki. Hope you had (or will have?) a safe trip home.

My Littel Island said...

wow love your traveling storry u ar so beautiful