Our regular vet is great. He never tries to lead us on. If he doesn't know the answer, then he isn't afraid to tell us that he doesn't know, and never hesitates to tell us to seek outside help when need be. In this particular instance, we need additional help, so we are calling in the reinforcements so to speak.
Now I really have to choices. One would be to take Moki back to UC Davis and pray that they can help. The other is to take Moki back to the ER doctor who originally pulled Moki through this illness from the onset. After giving it some thought, I decided that the best choice at this time, would be to take Moki back to the ER doctor and here is why. The original ER doctor, is the one who pulled Moki through this when no one else could. She is quick thinking, and familiar with Moki's prior medical history. She is also a UC Davis graduate. In my personal opinion, if anyone can pull Moki through this it would be her. Our ER vet also runs a regular practice, and she is one of four owners. Our ER vet is also state of the art and has most of the same equipment available as UC Davis. To top everything off our ER vet is only 30-45 mins away versus the 2 and 1/2 hours it takes to get to UC Davis. With all that said, I called and made an appointment for Moki tomorrow at 12:00. (She is not in the office today, and I do not want to take Moki to anyone else in the practice.)
As for Moki's temp it is current 99.0. His urine appears to be about the same as you can see from the above picture. We'll keep you updated as things progress. That's all for now. Oh and thank you so much for all you purring, praying and support. It means a great deal to us. Please keep them coming!
(The above picture is courtesy of Whimpurr's Whim. Thank you Whimpurr's Whim!)
It's 3:12 and Moki's current temperature is 99.2.
It's 7:48 and Moki's temperature has gone up. It is now 100.2.
The purrs and prayers are working! We finally have some good news. The blood in Moki's urine is getting lighter! Here is a picture of a urine sample we took only a few minutes ago...
When compared to the picture we took last night of Moki's urine sample (see the picture below,) you can see there is quite a bit of change between the two! We hope and pray that tomorrow's sample will look even better!!!
Thanks everyone for your continued support!