As is evident from Moki's new hair cut, we had an ultrasound done to make sure everything was ok internally. Everything check out normally with the minor exception of what appeared to be a blood clot, but we weren't sure. Another doctor was called in to look at the ultrasound and they thought everything looked ok. A blood sample was taken, so that a blood test could be ran. Urine was also extracted directly from Moki's bladder, so that a urine culture could be done. His temperature was a 100 point something, I do not recall exactly. All of his vitals signs appeared normal. He does not appear to be headed towards shock at the moment. As it currently stands, Moki is in no immediate danger. The ER doctor did not prescribe any new medications because she wants to wait to get Moki's test results back first. The test results should help us find the best medication to use for Moki give his current condition. We still do not know what is causing the blood loss, but again the test results should tell us more. The urine culture can be done in-house, so Moki's doctor told me that she would call me back today with the results. The blood work has to be send out to a lab, which means we will not get the results back for 3-4 days. I'll update Moki's blog just as soon as Moki's doctor calls us with his medical result later on today.
(Click on the above and below photographs to enlarge them for better viewing.)
Thus far, Moki's latest medical bills (those associated with figuring out and treating the blood in the urine problem,) now total $731.15. This does not include any medications the ER doctor might prescribe after getting Moki's medical test results back. Hence we would like to let everyone know that in addition to the raffle we are currently holding (see our left hand side bar,) ML will be hosting a up and coming raffle on the Friends of the Cat Blogosphere blog as well. There will be many great items being raffled off, including some really cool stuff from Friends Furever, so be sure to check it out in the next couple of days.
Also we would like to thank Karen Jo for writing us the amazing limerick, featured on her blog. We where so touched. Thank you Karen! And thank you everyone for purring and praying for us!
Lastly we would like to wish Charley, ML's husband a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Moki and Family
We are still awaiting word from the ER doctor, (doctor O'Day) and wanted to report that Moki's temp has dropped again. It's now 98.3, the lowest it has been yet. If his temp goes much lower we will have to head on over to the ER. We have Moki wrapped up, laying on a heating pad which is also wrapped up. Hopefully we can increase his temp. We will report back if things change.
With the help of the heating pad, we have been able to bring Moki's temperature back up to 99.7. I am thinking the drop in Moki's temperature has to do directly with his blood loss. They took a blood sample today, meaning that Moki lost additional blood, besides that of which is being found in his urine. A couple of hours after the blood sample was taken his temperature dropped to the lowest it's been since this first started. I definately think there is a connection between the two and will be speaking to his doctor about it tonight, or tomorrow, when she calls.
Mommie bean has been up on and off again with Moki most of the night. Needless to say she is about ready to fall flat on her face, but before she did, she wanted to give everyone a update to let you all know that he made it through the night ok. His current temperature as of this morning is 100.0. He is now resting peacefully with his Daddy, who is going into work late. Momma bean is going to try and get some rest as well, while she still has a chance.