I just wanted to let everyone know that we will be unable to post updates on Moki this afternoon. Sissy has had an emergency, and we will be needing to rush her to the vet. Our vet is currently out at lunch (from 12:00-1:00) and our ER vet is about 35-45 minutes away, (with lunch hour traffic it could take as long as 50 mins to get there,) so to make it easiest on Sissy, we will be waiting for our regular vet to return from lunch and take her to him, versus trying to make the drive to the ER vet. I just discovered that Sissy's side has busted open. She is currently stable, but I am not sure for how long. If I had to guess I would say that the tumor caused some kind of abscess which broke open. As some of you may recall Sissy's tumor is rather large, and her size easily hid the fact that she had some kind of abscess. I feel just awful. It looks really bad, and I fear that we will most likely have to help Sissy to the bridge this afternoon. I did not want to post a picture of Sissy the way she currently looks directly on Moki's blog, because it is far to upsetting, so I linked the picture above to a photo of Sissy being hosted on Photobucket.com for those of you who can stomach to look at it. I forewarn you however that it looks very bad, so please do not click on the picture if you are the least bit squeamish. This has been coming for awhile so we were prepared, and knew that our time with her would be limited, I just didn't think it would happen like this. Thankfully my boyfriend is working from home today, which means that he can stay home and keep an eye on Moki, while I take Sissy to the vet. When it rains it sure does pour!
Sissy was helped to the rainbow bridge at 2:50 this afternoon. The abscess was really a build up of fluid, that occured as a result of Sissy's liver failing. The tumor spread, and Sissy lost the battle, but she put up a very brave long fight. It is my deepest hope that someday they will find a cure for this deadly disease. Her crossing was very peaceful, and our deepest comfort lies in the fact that we know she is no longer in pain.
The results of Moki's bloodwork came back and everything looks normal. Surprisingly, with all of the blood lost, Moki is not even anemic. Now that's the good news, the bad news is that if something doesn't show up on the culture, we are going to have to have a number of tests done to try and figure out what is behind the blood in the urine. If we have to go this route, it will be to test for very rare conditions, like his blood failing to clot. Please join us in praying that an answer can be found on the urine culture, and that Moki will not have to be put through any additional tests...